There are many different ways you can use our services – to search for and share information, to communicate with other people or to create new content. When you share information with us, for example by sending us an email, or submitting to our blog, we can make those services even better – to share relevant information, or to link you with a Military Agent near you. As you use our services, we want you to be clear how we’re using information and the ways in which you can protect your privacy.
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
We’ve tried to keep it as simple as possible. Your privacy matters to The Military Agent, so please contact us at info@TheMilitaryAgent.com if you have any questions.
Information we collect
We collect information to provide better services to all of our users – from figuring out basic stuff like where you are now, where you are moving to, and what kind of home you are looking for (on post/off post/rent/buy/sell). After a home closing, we collect more accurate data for long term projections, for example, closing costs paid by seller or type of loan.
We collect information in the following ways:
- Information you give us. For example, many of our services require you work directly with a Military Agent. When you do, we’ll ask for personal information, like your name, email address, or telephone number to store with your account.
- Information we get from your use of our services. We collect information about the services that you use and how you use them, like when you watch a video on YouTube, visit a website that uses our advertising services, or view and interact with our ads and content. This information includes:
We collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number). The Military Agent may associate your device identifiers or phone number with another another account.
- Log information
When you use our services or view content, we automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This includes:
- details of how you used our service, such as your search queries.
- telephonic log information like your phone number, calling-party number, forwarding numbers, time and date of calls, duration of calls, SMS routing information and types of calls.
- Internet protocol address.
- device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account.
- Location information
When you use services, we may collect and process information about your actual location. We use various technologies to determine location, including IP address, GPS, and other sensors that may, for example, provide us with information on nearby devices, Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
- Unique application numbers
Certain services include a unique application number. This number and information about your installation (for example, the operating system type and application version number) may be sent to The Military Agent or third party analytics companies when you install or uninstall that service or when that service periodically contacts our servers, such as for automatic updates.
- Local storage
- Cookies and similar technologies
We use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit a The Military Agent, and this may include using cookies or similar technologies to identify your browser or device. We also use these technologies to collect and store information when you interact with services we offer to our partners, such as advertising services that may appear on other sites. Our third party analytics product helps us analyze the traffic on websites and apps. When used in conjunction with our advertising services, such as those using the DoubleClick cookie, third-pary Analytics information is linked, by us using technology, with information about visits to multiple sites.
The Military Agent requests contract information from Military Agents after your closing. By accepting our free home warranty or our free home inspection, you agree to sharing your contracts with us. However, you may ask your broker to remove all PII from the documents before sending them to The Military Agent.
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones, and to protect The Military Agent and our users. We also use this information to offer you tailored content – like giving you more relevant search results and ads.
When you contact The Military Agent, we keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
We use information collected from cookies and other technologies, like pixel tags, to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services. One of the products we use to do this on our own services is third-party Analytics. For example, by saving your language preferences, we’ll be able to have our services appear in the language you prefer. When showing you tailored ads, we will not associate an identifier from cookies or similar technologies with sensitive categories, such as those based on race, religion, sexual orientation or health.
Our automated systems analyze your content (including emails) to provide you personally relevant product features, such as customized search results, tailored advertising, and spam and malware detection.
Information You Share
Many of our services, especially our blog, let you share information with others. Remember that when you share information publicly, it may be indexable by search engines, including Google. Our services provide you with different options on sharing and removing your content.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of The Military Agent and MilVil, Inc unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- With your consent
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of The Military Agent, LLC and our sister company, MilVil, Inc when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- For external processing
- For legal reasons
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of The Military Agent if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of The Military Agent, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners – like publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.